Required Online Training
Most protocols require completing the following plus species training.
- IACUC Online Tutorial
- Biological Safety Certification (Biosafety Principles)
- Occupational Health Questionnaire
Species-Specific training (online offerings)
For those species or sub-species not listed above - Primary investigators (PI) typically provide training for the specific birds, reptiles, exotic species, or wildlife to be used on the project. Document in your AUF. Contact CAR if you require a referral to a species expert.
Technical System Assistance
- Frequently Asked Questions/Tips for the online training system (registration, printing certificates, etc.)
- Helpdesk (weekdays) - call 517-884-4600 or email email@example.com
Related Online Training
- Environmental Health & Safety - As necessary based on your activities & materials you'll use (e.g. autoclave safety, bloodborne pathogens, chemical safety, hazardous waste...).
- External Resources - (CITI Programs, NIH online courses)
- Facility Access - Information and building orientations for service personnel and researchers.
- Hands-on training - Schedule instructor-led demonstration, coaching, and practice in various techniques for your team.
- Contact CAR training personnel - For additional topics available