Animal Housing & Other Facilities

Specially managed facilities ensure stable and healthy environments. 

There are agricultural, veterinary, and rodent facilities located on Michigan State University's main campus and around the state. Contact Campus Animal Resources to determine which facility is best for your project.

Security Access

Access to facilities is limited and based upon the required need.

  1. Research personnel - ID card access for approved project personnel to access their animals.
  2. Service personnel - ID card access for certain custodial/maintenance work
  3. IACUC staff, chairperson and attending veterinarian
  4. EHS staff working with researchers and CAR staff
  5. CAR personnel

Visitor entry may also be pre-approved and scheduled with an escort.