Contact Info for Animal Care
Animal Care Program
Related MSU Units Contacts
The management, care, use, and location of animals are overseen by several MSU units as appropriate.
- Veterinary Medical Center / Animal Hospital
- Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health (DCPAH)
Environmental Health & Safety
Depending upon the activities and environment, there may be additional policies, procedures, training, and other regulations associated with:
- the use, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials associated with animal use
- prevention of illness and injury to animal handlers and incident response
- other health & safety risks associated with animal use.
- appropriate personnel to learn potential risks & your responsibilities: Animal Handler Biosafety Chemical Safety, Controlled Substances, Environmental Safety, Hazardous Waste, Occupational Hazard/Equipment Safety,Radiation Safety
Human Research Subjects Protection
If your research includes human subjects in addition to animals, it must be reviewed in order to ensure there are adequate safety and privacy protections.